Misty Mountain Dries Oyster Mushroom 1lb.
Oyster mushrooms were cultivated in Germany during World War I due to food shortages. Thanks to Oyster mushrooms' meaty texture and subtle seafood flavour, they became an excellent alternative for seafood! Not only are they tasty, but they also have high amounts of vitamin b, protein and fibre.
Our dried Oyster mushrooms at Misty Mountain have a slight seafood taste and silky texture, which pairs well when cooked with pork, seafood, and chicken. Increasingly, our Dried Oyster Mushrooms are a great addition to soups, stirfries and salad recipes - there are many ways to use them!
- Generally small; 2-5 centimetres in diameter
- They are comprised of flat, shrivelled, wrinkled, and slightly curled caps with little to no stems.
How To Use:
- Use in soups or stirfry.
- Grill, broil, or roast
- As a side dish, sauté in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.
- If your recipe requires you to rehydrate your dried oyster mushrooms; rinse them with cold water to remove any debris and soak your desired amount into a bowl; cover with boiling water and let soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Store in a sealed container in a cool, dark place
- Available year-round