Misty Mountains Dried Lavender Buds 1lb
Lavender was founded in the Mediterranean, Middle East and India around 2500 years ago. Lavender is used for therapeutic, medicinal and practical uses, such as; disinfectants, antiseptics, anti-inflammatory and aromatherapy. It wasn't until the 1970's that Lavender became a popular choice for culinary purposes- given its mild, peppery floral flavour.
- Misty Mountain Specialty Dried Lavender Buds share a sweet, peppery floral taste with citrus tones.
How to Use:
- Lavender can be substituted for rosemary in many fresh bread recipes
- Blend 2 tsp dried buds to 1 cup sugar and store in a sealed container for 2 weeks and substitute for regular sugar in baking shortbread, biscotti, scones, and muffins
- Add to hearty stews or sauces for a soft, floral note
- Adds colour to salads
- Sprinkle on grilled meats, poultry, and vegetables
- Make lavender tea with 1 tsp dried lavender in 1 cup boiling water and steep for 10 minutes
- Store in a sealed container in a dark cupboard
- Available year round