MUSHROOM DUXELLE COMING SOON
We are so excited to have a plant-based mushroom duxelle in the works!
What is mushroom duxelle?
Mushroom duxelle is a flavourful combination of finely chopped mushrooms, shallots, garlic, butter or olive oil, and sometimes the addition of herbs such as thyme and parsley. The ingredients are slowly cooked into a paste-like consistency.
What type of mushrooms are in a duxelle?
Any type of mushroom or a combination of them can be used in mushroom duxelle. You'll often find a mixture of cremini, morel, shiitake, porcini, and white button mushrooms.
How do I use mushroom duxelle?
This mushroom condiment is traditionally used in the preparation of beef wellington, but has many other uses as well including:
- Add to omelettes
- Use as a savoury pie filling
- Flavourful addition to soups, pasta, and mashed potatoes
- Makes a delectable spread on crostini or toast
- Use in stuffed ravioli
- Use in stuffed chicken breasts
- Makes a delicious baked potato topping with sour cream and green onions