LION'S MANE MUSHROOMS
First of all, what are Lion’s Mane Mushrooms?
This white fungus features a globe-shaped, shaggy cap that looks similar to a lion’s mane. They are an edible mushroom with a mild seafood flavour, often compared to lobster. Lion’s Mane mushrooms absorb liquid like a sponge which makes them very versatile to cook with and incorporate into different recipes. Their coolest attributes are their amazing health benefits and medicinal properties.
How do I add them to my cooking?
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crab Cakes
- Sauteed with olive oil and butter
- Roasted with shallots
- Turned into plant-based blackened “steaks” with garlic mashed potatoes
- Paired with fresh green salad and hollandaise sauce
- Turned into mushroom fritters
- Added to bucatini pasta with shallots, garlic, cream, chives, lemon, and parmesan cheese
What are the potential health benefits of Lion’s Mane Mushrooms?
- Help relieve mild symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Contain compounds that could stimulate the growth of brain cells and protect against Alzheimer’s disease
- Speed up recovery time from nervous system injuries
- Protect against stomach ulcers
- Reduce heart disease risks
- Beneficial for diabetes management by improving blood sugar control
- Contain powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that could reduce the impact of chronic illness
- Boost and strengthen the immune system