HOW TO REHYDRATE SLICED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
Before using dried sliced shiitake mushrooms in your cooking, you need to rehydrate them. Follow our simple steps below.
- Once rehydrated, the mushroom amount will double in size. Please note this when measuring the desired amount of product.
- Place the dried mushrooms in a glass bowl.
- Pour boiling water on top until the mushrooms are fully covered.
- Place a dish cloth over the bowl to keep the warmth inside.
- Let the mushrooms soak for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms. You may want to keep the liquid as a soup base.
- Chop off and discard the mushroom stems as they may be too tough to eat.
- Add the prepared mushrooms to stir-fry, soups, curries, etc.